5.17.2009

A Puppy for Every Day of the Week

I've always thought I would fit in so well in another time period. Not sure which one I would prefer but there are just so many great things about the simplicity and industry in times past. I'm thinking I would have love the early 20th century.
The great thing about now- you can take the best of times past, but with the loveliness of an indoor toilet.

Lately I've been working on dish towels. The kind my grandma has always had around her kitchen, with a different theme for every day of the week, and I love the quirky kitchiness of them. I don't know if I can bare to use them but they are great to look at!

To make your own: Days of the Week Embroidery, they have dogs, cats, little girls, fruit, etc. Very cute.

So here are my first three...
(they are folded to just show the part that is embroidered)

2 comments:

edwardsfamily said...

Those are really cute, Joy! What kind of fabric did you use and where did you get the pattern?

Joy said...

i have the link for the patterns in the post and i just used muslin but thet recommend flour sacks....not sure where you get that fabric though. The muslin was cheap though and looks good. i even got it on the half off table at joanns of things that got cut but then not bought--good place to look!