5.09.2009

DOTW- Coconut Chocolate Cheesecake

I love this cheesecake, it has always been one of my very favorites. The coconut cream cheesecake from cheesecake factory has definitely inspired me- but this is my own take on it. But if you have never gotten that cheesecake- it is about the most delicious thing I have ever had.

Alison's Birthday Coconut Chocolate Cheesecake

Crust
1 c chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 c butter
1/4 c coconut

Filling
16 oz cream cheese
1 c sugar
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
1/3 c coconut
1/3 c chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter and mix with cookie crumbs and coconut
Press into the smallest springform you have and bake for 10 minutes

In a kitchenaid, paddle cream cheese until smooth, add sugar.
Add one egg at a time, mixing between each, and scraping down between each.
Add vanilla and coconut and mix.
Melt chocolate chips.
Turn down oven to 325 degrees.
Pour 2/3 of mixture into springform.
Mix chocolate into other third and pour over top.
Sprinkle extra coconut on top and bake until slightly jiggly in center.

note: if you like a lighter cheesecake you can separate the eggs. Add the yolks as usual but beat egg whites with 1/4 c sugar until medium-stiff peaks and fold into each batter. This will make it lighter and rise more, so maybe you will even eat less. I really like it like this.

Happy Birthday Alison!

1 comment:

Keeping Up With the Jones said...

Oh my gosh that looks so good. Chocolote and coconut are two of my favorite things--maybe I'll be making that for my own birthday!