5.29.2009

Children Week- Menu Plan

Here is the plan...we'll see how it all works out. To be honest, right now I am just worried that somehow this 3 children vs 1 me is going to end up with me not in charge.....

Day 1: Ravioli with zucchini and tomato sauce (I used store bought ravioli, homemade sauce I keep in the freezer and just added chopped veggies to it to disguise them a bit)

Day 2: Cafe Rio style Pork Salad (We already had this and it is a major sucess with all three kids, if you aren't familiar with cafe rio, then the pork is a sweet slow cooked pulled pork, serve with rice, cilantro-lime ranch, and salad stuff- oh and tortillas- delicious for everyone! Merideth- maybe you can guest post your recipe sometime this week?)

Day 3:Cheese filled Crepes and Roasted Veggies (I make crepes, they are really simple, and just make a cheese sauce to go with them. Roasted veggies that are usually child friendly would be carrots and potatoes, but maybe throw in an extra veggie, cause it is easy to eat around but good to at least try.... I'll let you know how this one goes)

Day 4: Grilled Trout with Salad and Pitas (I'm actually only cooking three days, so I won't be making this for them, but it seems like a simple introduction to fish, depending on your child it could be a good option)

Day 5: Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes (I'm excited about this one, I got the idea from epicurious.com, where you can do an advanced search to find kid-friendly meals. It's like a baked macaroni but in personal cute cupcake portions, I cant imagine a kid not liking it, but again- I'll let you know how it works out.) Serve with a salad to make it a little healthier.

I'll post the crepe and macaroni recipes later this week and give the verdict from the three very different palates I'm working with.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

this is fantastic. H finally touched her first noodle so the door is wide open! still no dairy or cheese though, any creative ideas on a kid friendly dessert - maybe including soy yogurt?

Juliet said...

I really really want the Cafe Rio recipe, it was made at my Enrichment Night a few months ago and I was like,"If I learned how to make this and did it well Mike would freak out with joy because it's SO GOOD!"