5.05.2009

Art and a quick salad


Something to brighten up our tucson backyard.
You like? I love! I love creating. I always wanted to be an artist but alas I don't have the skill. I do however have the love. Hence my past major of art history. I do love knowing I can create something happy, something bright and something I love, even if it will never be a masterpiece. I'm far closer to getting there in my cooking than my painting, and that is even still a far off dream.

My advice- don't hold yourself back!


And a quick recipe:
As you know a radish and cucumber salad often graces our table. Last night I mixed it up with some jicama and lime zest. Mix the zest and juice of one lime and 2 T greek yogurt, as well as salt and pepper. Mix with your thinly sliced veggies, a mexican mixup on an enJOY classic.

JICAMA- do you eat it? When I was five we moved back from California to Alberta. I was proudly a californian girl with a californian accent and a veggie in my lunchbag that's name started with a J but you could have sworn started with an H and I was loving life. Mix it up with carrot sticks and celery in your kids lunches. Lots of vitamin C and packs a delicious crunch.

3 comments:

Afton or Brooke said...

i really love your art piece! your color scheme is great. what kind of paint did you use? did you do it on a canvas?

Joy said...

its just on one of those premade canvases (actually a gift from sarah, thanks!) and using the craft paint- nothing fancy around here ;) i feel like i would have to get much better to warrant the cost of real oil paint

merideth said...

very cute painting. i like it.