3.18.2009

Easy-Peasy Salad Dressing

Last night John and I went on a run right after he got off work. He was a little antsy to eat and slightly worried that he saw no food around the kitchen that even looked like it was in the beginning stages of a dinner. I assured him we would be eating within 10 minutes of our return from our run, and whether he believed me or not, we were.

The answer?

Two nights ago I made fresh pasta. I usually cook it off right after I cut it, to avoid sticking and this time I had the superb idea of freezing a bagful of the linguini. I make tomato sauce in large batches about once a month and freeze that too. So within 2 minutes after the water came to a boil the pasta was reheated and sauced warmed from its frozen state all in one pot.

My favorite part of the meal was our go to salad as of late. John chopped tomatoes and cucumbers for me while in the bottom of our salad bowl I mixed this dressing:

Easy-Peasy Salad Dressing

2 T Greek yogurt
juice of 1 lemon (I believe I used just the zest last week when making this once, lime would work too depending on the effect you are going for)
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix the ingredients together with a spoon and dump in the vegetables, then top with some lettuce if you would like, I used arugula. It is delicious, homemade and fast.



A dinner in under ten minutes chock full of yummy veggies. And all homemade at that.

note: if you've never tried greek yogurt it is a worthwhile condiment to keep in your fridge. It lasts for a month and comes in pint size containers. I get the unflavored variety because I use it as a condiment, not for breakfast eating. It is a little more steeply priced than ordinary yogurt but when using it in these small quantities I think you'll find the benefit outweighs the consequences.

Tomorrow: How much I love my freezer.

1 comment:

hollie said...

I wished u lived closer. I'm soooo hungry!